We are currently looking for a Network/Cloud Security Engineer for an 5 month contract engagement + extensions) with a large government department based in Brisbane CBD.
The Cloud Network and Security Engineer with a strong background in Data Networks and Security to join the departments Brisbane based team. As Cloud Network and Security Engineer, you will provide development and support to strategic Network Security platforms including Firewalls, Load balancers, Proxy services, Endpoint Protection, and encryption..
- Deliver various project requirements (Testing, Pre-Production & Production Platforms) Major Incident Management. (BAU and project). Monitoring, and Maintenance, of on premise and cloud-based platforms.
- Provide technical leadership to drive, assist and contribute with investigations into potential solutions.
- Liaise with relevant technical experts and contribute to solution design, costing and specifications
- Provide mentoring and assist in building team capability though continuous knowledge sharing
- Ensure that council maintains a highly available, and highly secure network security platform across both internally and externally hosted environments
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience within a Network Security Operations role
- Minimum 3 years' experience working within, and supporting large enterprise environments
- CCNP, Checkpoint, CIISP certifications highly regarded
- Extensive experience of the following:
- Checkpoint Firewall (R80)
- Citrix Netscaler load balancing
- Routing and Switching (Cisco)
- Proxy Services (Cloud Based)
- IPSEC VPN
- AWS, Azure (VPN, NSG)
- Public Cloud Peering e.g. Megaport
- VMware (NSX highly desirable)
- Knowledge of Scripting/Automation
Thank you for reviewing this opportunity. If of interest, please apply now or contact Mats Rorvik on 07 3221 3333 for more information.